Hospital management erd
Before analyzing a system to design Hospital management erd, we have to collect vast spectrum of key processing areas and the individuals and their attributes which are part of that system.
Hospital management erd does not require top notch workarounds. We have to discuss the maximum possible ins and outs inside a hospital.
A hospital is a building for human health (or animals). It consists of sections that include General Physicians clinics, Specialists clinics, Emergency ward, Surgery department, one or more pharmacies and the departments of nursing or resident medical officers, nuclear medicine. There are so many things that we will be addressing when we design a simple ERD Model that covers huge functioning areas of hospital(s).
If we look at the overall processes in the hospital then we can easily have some ideas in collecting entities, their attributes and relationships.
* A department have many doctors
* A doctor may work in one or more departments such as a family physician who works in general OPD and diabetic care department
* More than one ER doctors who work in Emergency department
* A doctors sees one or more patients
* A patient has one or more doctors
* One or more pharmacies in the hospital
When we transform this knowledge to the ERD then we will have the following chart in the diagrammatic form by using crow-foot notation